04 May, 2006

Hallelujah!

It’s Easter! An amazing, wonderful day. There are very few others days that I get as excited about. Jesus is risen. Those words… The truth. Wow…

I used to tell the students I worked with as a youth pastor that this was “Our Day”. There are so many other religions. They all have “special” days. They all have holiday-type days to celebrate. But no other faith/religion can claim a day that we claim or maybe the audacity to claim what we claim on this day. Our God Is Not Dead! He is risen just like he said! No one else whether Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, Jew, fill-in-the-blank _______ can claim this. None.

I read a lot. I’ve written here about some of the things I read. Some writers question what it means to be a follower of Jesus. How you “do” that. Why we follow. Do we really follow? Are we truly following or do we just say we do. Etc, etc, etc… But when it comes right down to it, I believe. I believe in Jesus Christ risen. I believe He is alive today. I believe he is active today. I believe that following Him makes all the difference, makes the only sense. I believe He came to save the world. I believe that you are only saved thru Him. I believe in Grace. I hold onto Mercy. I believe.

No comments: